Fri, Aug 04|
Yoga Posture Intensive Workshop Series: Inversions + Arm Balances + Backbends bundle
Are you looking to strengthen the foundations of your yoga practice? Join instructors Tristan, Becky, and Lauren for a three-part posture intensive series, where you'll learn the ins and outs of practicing inversions, arm balances, and backbending postures safely and confidently.
Time & Location
Aug 04, 2023, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM CDT
Wildlight Yoga, 4041 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60641, USA
About the event
Are you looking to strengthen the foundations of your yoga practice? Wildlight is offering a unique posture intensive workshop series that dives into specific yoga poses. Join instructors Tristan, Becky, and Lauren for this three-part series, where you'll learn the ins and outs of practicing inversions, arm balances, and backbending postures safely and confidently. No experience necessary. All levels welcome!
- Inversions workshop: Are you bored with your current yoga routine? Complacent with the humdrum repetition of your standard standing, seated, and reclined yoga postures? Try turning things on their head figuratively and literally with inversions. Inverted asana are generally classified as any instance where the hips are elevated higher than the heart or more typically defined as upside down upright positions like the handstand and headstand. Here in this workshop we'll assess where you're at on your inversion journey, then find some ways to either begin or continue onwards on this path of inverted asana. All levels are welcome as we'll approach foundation building from the ground up with prop and wall assistance in a vinyasa yoga format.
- Arm Balances workshop: Have you ever wanted to safely work on your arm balancing postures in a way that'll help you get stronger and more stable? This fun, challenging flow will take you there, starting with a warm up that'll activate the muscles needed to successfully get into arm balancing with greater mindfulness and ease. This workshop will focus on how to help your body understand the mechanics and leverage of arm balances and make these inspiring poses part of your repertoir. There will be opportunity to work arm balances taught in the workshop into your sequence as well as ample time to break them down and ask questions.
- Backbends workshop: Backbends are appropriately also called "heart openers", as they open up both the physical and emotional body. It's important to prepare the muscles of the body to stretch and strengthen to safety support our back-bending shapes, while also tending to the energetic ripple that accompanies them - vulnerability, emotional release, and clearing energy blocks. All levels are welcome as we'll work through a full-body warmup, discussing the role each part (hips, quads, shoulders, etc.) plays in supporting backbends, before moving through variations of heart-opening peak poses. Students are welcome to bring a journal to take notes during the discussion portion of the workshop, and then we'll segue into flow.
- Friday, Aug 4 @ 5:30pm - Inversions Workshop*, taught by Tristan
- Friday, Aug 11 @ 5:30pm - Arm Balances Workshop*, taught by Becky
- Friday, Aug 18 @ 5:30pm - Backbends Workshop*, taught by Lauren
*Interested in attending only one or two of these workshops instead? Click on the workshop name above to purchase individual tickets.
- This ticket is to purchase a bundle for admittance to all 3 workshops, for a 15% savings (vs purchasing individual workshop tickets)!
- No experience necessary. All levels welcome!
- In studio & virtual admission
- Mats, props, and other supplies provided for in-studio attendees.
- Headphones are recommended for virtual attendees.
- No refunds or credits for any reason.
- Wildlight members receive an additional 10% off.
- Pre-registration is required. No drop-ins.
- Visit FAQs
About your instructors
- Tristan (he/him) enjoys the variety that yoga offers. Vinyasa trained, studied hatha with mentors after teacher training he likes to find a common ground between the different styles. He enjoys gentle styles to help introduce yoga to beginners and vinyasa and hatha styles to keep seasoned practitioners engaged.
- When Lauren (she/they) started yoga teacher training she was still telling herself that she didn’t want to teach. However, once she started practice-teaching, it came so naturally that she fell in love quick! Her style of teaching is eclectic and creative. Whether she's teaching a gentle class or a power flow, there will be a theme - inspired by a tarot card, an animal, astrology/seasons. Equal parts deep and lighthearted!
- Becky (she/her) loves the intentionality we can find behind simply moving and breathing on our mats. She uses sequential movements to lead up to a peak pose or focuses on linking her intention to heart openers, hip openers, or other body awareness poses. She has a conversational way of teaching that strives to welcome us all to be accepting of where we are at physically/mentally on any given day.
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Arm Balances workshop
- Ticket type
This ticket is to purchase a bundle for admittance to all 3 workshops; savings of 15%Price$107.00
+$2.68 service fee+$2.68 service fee
- Ticket type
This ticket is to purchase a bundle for Zoom admittance to all 3 workshops; savings of 15%Price$97.00
+$2.43 service fee+$2.43 service fee