Fri, Sep 09|
Intro to Yoga Series
We believe that Yoga is a practice for every body!
Time & Location
Sep 09, 2022, 7:00 PM CDT – Sep 30, 2022, 9:00 PM CDT
Wildlight Yoga, 4041 N Milwaukee Ave #302, Chicago, IL 60641, USA
About the event
Have you ever wished for a class that would prep you for yoga classes? This is the series for you!
We believe that Yoga is a practice for everybody and every body. In this series, you’ll gain the knowledge and confidence to safely practice yoga in a class or in the comfort of your own home.
We will provide you with tools to increase flexibility and strength, release tension, and develop concentration and body awareness. We will provide you instruction and understanding of foundational yoga postures, ways to use props for your specific body alignment, an introduction into the philosophy of yoga as well as familiarity with breathwork and meditation. Each class in this series is geared to beginners of any body type and no prior experience is needed. This series will give you the confidence to attend the yoga classes of your choice.
In this introductory, 4 week series, Wildlight instructors will guide students through:
- September 9th: Intro to Posture: Breaking down the key concepts of basic postures
- September 16th: Intro to Props: Introducing how to use props for maximum support
- September 23rd: Intro to Breath: Experience simple breathing practices
- September 30th: Intro to Meditation & Philosophy: Explore the philosophy of why & how yoga improves physical, mental & spiritual health
- Sign up to take your first step in feeling better and join a pretty special community of people. No previous yoga experience required. Come as you are.
- No experience needed
- In-Person & Virtual option
- Mats & Props will be provided by Wildlight Yoga, for in-person attendance
- No refunds or credits for any reason
- Pre-registration is required. No drop-ins
- Visit FAQs
Intro to PostureWildlight Yoga
Intro to PropsWildlight Yoga
Limited quality - Includes all four sessions$160.00+$4.00 service fee
Includes all four sessions$150.00+$3.75 service fee