Plants + Yoga
Time & Location
About the event
Chris, owner of The Catalina Plant Co, will offer students a healthy selection of plants, soil, and pots while guiding students in a hands-on experience, demonstration and Q&A regarding houseplant care and maintenance, watering, repotting and propagation.
The focus of this workshop will be 'Air Purifying' houseplants.
After students have potted their plants, they’ll place them at the corner of their yoga mats and Cassie Zehren will lead students in an all-levels meditative gentle yoga class and a simple breathing technique to center the mind and harness all the energy for growth; within themselves and for the new addition to their plant collection. Optional Reiki (energy healing) will also be offered.
About The Catalina Plant Co:
Chris is the owner of the Catalina Plant Co and has always loved plants and watching them thrive or figuring out how to make them thrive. Chris grew up in Iowa, eventually moving to the island of St. Croix in the Virgin Islands. The outdoor plants in the Caribbean are the indoor plants of the Midwest. Living back in the Midwest, Chris decided to bring some of that Caribbean outside, in.
About your Yoga Teacher:
Cassie (she/her) is a lover of all things green! She is a Yoga teacher, Reiki master/teacher & Meditation/Mindfulness Teacher at Wildlight Yoga. Her mission is to hold space for her students to tap into their own ability to heal from within. Cassie has filled every inch of her apartment with plants, where her cats can't get to them. She has a knact for reviving plants with her green thumb & Reiki energy.
All the details:
- No experience needed.
- Mats & Props will be provided by Wildlight Yoga, for in-person attendance.
- All in-person students will take home a houseplant.
- If you attend virtually, you can pick up your houseplant at The Catalina Plant Co within 30 days of the event.
- A signed waiver and proof of vaccination, in accordance with City of Chicago mandate, is required for participation in any in-person program offered by Wildlight Yoga LLC. Fill it out here.
- No refunds or credits for any reason.
- Wildlight members receive 10% off. Pre-registration is required. No drop-ins.
- IN-PERSON Attendance$100+$2.50 Service fee$100+$2.50 Service fee0$0
- VIRTUAL Attendance$85+$2.13 Service fee$85+$2.13 Service fee0$0